Frequently Asked Questions
We've taken the most frequently asked questions (not really, we just made them up) and put them all on this page. With answers, of course.
Have a question not listed on this page? Email us.
What is GameToAid?
GameToAid is a small organisation that broadcasts video-gaming marathon events to raise money for charity. We're based in Adelaide, Australia. You can read more on the About Us page.
Can I buy one of those T-Shirts?
Sure! We have a bunch of stuff, including T-Shirts and Hoodies, available in the Store.
Do you keep any of the money donated?
Nope. We don't take a cent of it. 100% of the money donated goes to the charity the marathon is for. We do take some of the money from the Twitch.tv ads to help us pay for server costs, food costs, equipment costs, etc.
I can't donate. What else can I do to help?
Don't worry—there's plenty you can do to help! Here are a few things off the top of my head:
- Watch the marathon. The more viewers we have, the less lonely we'll feel, and the more encouraged we'll be to keep going.
- Interact and be an active member on the chat. Keep us entertained and be involved in some interesting conversations!
- Spread the word on the Internet. Like our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter, post about us on forums, etc.
- Spread the word in real life. Tell your friends, family, colleagues, classmates, uncles, aunties, nephews, cousins, grandparents, teachers, professors, preachers, doctors, plumbers, electricians, stalkers, and pets!
- Distribute our press release to any media outlets you think may be interested.
What's your technical setup?
We're pretty low-tech—we use a measly little EasyCAP USB 2.0 Video Capture Device to capture the game footage. It hasn't failed us yet! We use Xsplit Broadcaster on Windows to compile the game footage with our custom-made HUD (including the donation count, donation notifications, etc.)
The computer we use has the following specs:
- CPU: Intel i2700k 3.61GHz
- GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX670 2GB
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-D3
- Memory: G.Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
- Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 120GB OCZ Agility III
- PSU: OCZ ZS 650W
- Case: Thermaltake Black Chaser MK-I Full Tower
If you have any questions or need any help setting up your own marathon, don't hesitate to contact us!
I think something on the site is broken!
That's not a question. But we'll let it go. This time.
If you find something that's broken, please let us know at email@example.com. (If that email address is broken, we're all doomed.)