Solutions for Canon MXF "Error Compiling Movie" in PremiereCC/CS6

1. 5 months ago

If you encountered problems with Canon XF305/XF105/XF100/XF300 MXF when importing to Premiere Pro CS5 on Mac OS X, you can follow this article to find the solution and solve it.

Canon XF305, XF105, XF100, XF300 camcorders are all very popular sellers in the canon XF series, and also in the photography market. You may have bought one and need to edit Canon MXF files in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5. So, come with a question- can Premiere Pro CS5 edit MXF files from the Canon XF camcorder?

-image-

A bit frustrating. The MXF files are not well supported by Premiere Pro CS5, as you may encounter many audio and video problems. And I know that Premiere Pro CS5 can render to the part of MXF format, but it can’t handle raw MXF files. The Canon site lists various compatible editors for this camcorder, but Premiere Pro CS5 is not in the list (It includes Final Cut, Avid etc). So, how to import Canon MXF footage in Premiere Pro CS5 for editing smoothly?

The best way is to convert Canon XF305/XF105/XF100/XF300 footage to Premiere Pro CS5 compatible format, like MOV (AVC), which is the best format for Premiere Pro CS5 editing on Mac. Brorsoft MXF Converter for Mac (a professional Mac MXF to Premiere Pro Converter tool) is the best choice for you. It can generates best editing format/codec for filmmakers and video enthusiasts to use in different NLE apps, such as Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/CS5/CS6, Adobe After Effects, iMovie, Final Cut Express, Final Cut Pro 6/7/X, and more. For Windows user, get the MXF Converter .

-image- -image-

Step 1. After downloading, install and run this MXF to Premiere Pro CS5 Converter, just copy the MXF files from the CF cards right to your hard drive, import the files to the software.

-image-

Step 2. Click "Format" bar to choose the output format. Click and choose "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas" > "MOV (AVC) (*.mov)".

-image-

Step 3. You can click "Settings" button to adjust the parameters, such as resolution, bitrate, etc.

Step 4. Click "Convert" button to start transcoding Canon MXF to H.264 MOV for importing to Premiere Pro CS5 on Mac.

After the conversion is finished, just run Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and import the generated .mov files. You will find the output video work perfectly on Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 as well as for CS5.5, CS6.

Related posts:

Play/View MXF files on Samsung Gear VR
    Editing Canon XF105/XF100 MXF files in FCP
    Codec to Move MXF files from XF100 to FCP 7/X
    Work Canon XF200/XF205 MXF files with FCP 7/FCP X
    Sharing 4K/1080P MXF clips on YouTube(macOS Sierra)
    Watch MTS/M2TS files on Zeiss VR One with Galaxy S5
    Convert Panaosnic P2 MXF to EDIUS for Editing Smoothly
    Edit Panasonic AJ-PX800 MXF files in iMovie (macOS Sierra)
    Convert MXF to iPhone/Android for watching on Zeiss VR One
    Convert Canon XC10 4K .mxf footage into Avid, Premiere, FCP
    Convert Sony NEX-EA50UH MTS videos to Adobe Premiere Pro
    Fix Corrupt MXF files Effectively under Mac OS X (macOS Sierra)
    How to choose a good MTS/M2TS video converter for Mac and Wins
    Transcode Panasonic HMC150 AVCHD to Final Cut Pro X/7 on Mac
    Convert Canon C300/C300 II footage for playing/editing on Mac smoothly
    Convert Canon XF200 MXF to WMV/MPG for After Effects CC/CS6/CS5
    Working with Canon XC10 XF-AVC 4k MXF in After Effects CC/CS6/CS5
    Source: Edit Canon XF100/XF105/XF300/XF305 MXF in Premiere Pro CC

2. [size="4"]This article explains how to get Corel VideoStudio Pro work with MXF files beautifully. Read on to learn details about MXF to VideoStudio Pro workflow.[/size]

Corel VideoStudio Supported file formats
    The supported file formats are listed below.

Import formats
    ?Video:

AVCHD, DV, HDV, AVI, MPEG-1/-2/-4, DVR-MS, DivX*,
    SWF*, UIS, UISX, M2T, M2TS, TOD, MOD, M4V, WebM, 3GP,
    WMV, Non-encrypted DVD titles, MOV, MKV, HEVC

MXF is notlisted as above. MXF is a "container" format used by professional camcorders and only a few high end software programs. None of the "user entry" video programs can handle MXF format. Corel video studio is not an exception for it cannot open raw MXF files. What you need to do is to transcode MXF to MPEG-2/WMV for using in Corel VideoStudio Pro natively.
    -image-

For converting MXF video into editing friendly format for Corel VideoStudio Pro X9.5/X9/X8/X7/X6, the best recommendation is Brorsoft MXF Converter .

Pros
    This program is so sweet. It did what I wanted. I shot some footages in my friend's wedding by using my new C300 Mark II. I planed to make a short movie as his wedding present with these footages. Unfortunately, my Corel VideoStudio X9.5 does not support MXF. I tried other editing softwares like Sony Vagas, GrassValley, doesn't work either. And then I got this program on Google seraching, it works well! I converted my mxf files to MPG format supported by my Corel VideoStudio. Now everything goes well. Many thanks for this great mxf converter.

Cons

Every software works great! I am so happy that I purchased Brorsoft software!!!

Summary

Just have a try, and you will love it.

For Mac users, please get MXF Converter for Mac .

-image-

Read More in this blog...

Editing Canon XC15 MXF files in FCP 6/7/X
    A Simple Guide to Use PanoVideo Converter Alternative
    Convert MTS/M2TS to Quicktime MOV for MacOS Sierra
    Impoting Canon C500 MXF to Premiere Elements 15/14/13

Easy Steps to Edit all MXF files (Sony/Canon MXF, Panasonic P2 MXF) to Corel VideoStudio Pro

1. Run the MXF converting program on your computer. Click "Add" button to load the source MXF files. (Or you can drag & drop the MXF files to the software's window list.)

-image-

2. Click "Format" bar to determine output format. Follow "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas" and select "MPEG-2(*.mpg)" as the output format. Besides, you can also choose WMV (VC-1) (*.wmv) if you want to get a relatively smaller output file.

-image-

Tips - Adjust audio and video settings

The Mac MXF Converter enables users to adjust audio and video settings before transcoding XF-AVC MXF/XAVC S MXF/P2 MXF files to MPEG-2. Click "Settings" button, then you will enter the following interface, on which you are allowed to customize size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channel to your required ones.

3. Click the "Convert" icon under the preview window to start encoding MXF for working with VideoStudio Pro.

Once the conversion completes, you can click "Open" button to get the output files. Now you have got it right, just to import and edit MXF with VideoStudio Pro X9.5/X9/X8.

Additional Tips:

This versatile MXF Video Converter for Mac program also supports converting MXF to iTunes, QuickTime, Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc video player or editing programs.

-image- -image- ( Note: Click here for OS X 10.5)

If you have problems when importing or editing your Canon, Sony, Panasonic etc, camera video files, you can check out “Brorsoft Camcorder/Camera Importing Tips " or "FCE, FCP, iMovie Column "to get your solutions.

More Topics:

Editing Canon XF105/XF100 MXF files in FCP
    How to Convert MTS/M2TS files to iPad Air 3/2
    Codec to Move MXF files from XF100 to FCP 7/X
    Convert MXF files to Surface/Surface Pro 5/4/3/2/1
    Play MXF movies on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
    Convert MXF files for After Effects CS4/CS5/CS6/CC
    Work Canon XF200/XF205 MXF files with FCP 7/FCP X
    Play Canon/Sony/Panasonic MTS on Nook HD/HD+/Color
    Can't import C300 II 4K/HD MXF files into After Effects CC
    Edit Panasonic AJ-PX800 MXF files in iMovie (macOS Sierra)
    What is a good MXF Converter for macOS Sierra/Windows 10
    Convert Canon C300 Mark II 4K MXF to MOV for iMovie/FCE
    Transcode Canon C300 mk ii 4k MXF files to Corel VideoStudio
    Ingest Panasonic HPX2000 MXF files into Avid Media Composer
    Sony FS700 (AVCHD) Workflow With Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5
    Edit Canon XF100/XF105/XF300/XF305 MXF in Premiere Pro CC
    Play Canon/Sony/Panasonic MXF movies on iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus
    Converting MTS, M2TS files to Galaxy S7/S7 Edge MP4 format Playback
    Convert Canon XF200 MXF to WMV/MPG for After Effects CC/CS6/CS5
    Working with Canon XC10 XF-AVC 4k MXF in After Effects CC/CS6/CS5
    Source: Fix Corel VideoStudio Pro X8/X7/X6 won't import MXF format files

-image-